For me, it just doesn’t quite seem like Christmas without a few crudely animated Christmas specials to usher in the season of peace, joy, and unrestrained consumerism. When I was younger, my mom would record shows on our VCR(!) and after a few years we had a half dozen tapes packed with Yuletide goodness that we would watch year after year.
While most people have their favourites, here’s a sampling of what I consider some of the best:
1. A Muppet Family Christmas
2. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
3. A Charlie Brown Christmas
4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
5. ‘Tis the Season to be Smurfy